Respite care accommodation is short term usually 1-4 weeks:
It is usually mainly used for:
- Providing supported accommodation for relative while the family has a vacation or travels.
- Providing rehabilitation or similar for a person recovering from a fall or other health issues
- Providing post hospital recuperation prior to returning home
- Giving an older person a break from having to care for themselves
- Giving a relative from caring for their relative
- As means of introducing an elderly person to what an SRS (Supportive Residential Services) can offer in readiness for a future move from independent living to supported accommodation.